St John’s Church Hall is located on the grounds of St John’s Church, at the corner of Parry St and Dawson St in Cooks Hill, NSW.
The heritage hall is one of the oldest buildings in Newcastle, completed in 1857. Over the course of the last 160 years, it has been conserved and developed for church and community use.
The hall is available for hire for events such as:
- wedding receptions
- birthday parties
- baptism receptions
- exercise groups, dance classes
- rehearsal space
- community groups
The hall seats approximately 100 people and has male, female and disabled toilets.
- commerical kitchen
- tables (approx 20) & chairs (approx 100)
- AV/Sound equipment
The Hall is used on Sunday mornings by our church and is therefore not available for hire until 12.30 pm on Sundays.
Hall hire fees
$50 per hour, in addition to a $25 public liability insurance fee per day of hire.
Non-personal users and organisations are required to provide evidence of their Public Liability Insurance by a Certificate of Currency for at least $5,000,000.
Things to Consider
- there is one toilet in the church hall for mobility-impaired persons. This toilet also has a change-table for changing nappies for infants. This table will need to be collapsed if needed by disabled users.
- there is a limitation on the amount of garbage that we can have placed in our church bins – one plastic garbage bag only. Other rubbish will need to be taken away by hirers
- events need to be finished by 11 pm in the evening and the premises cleaned and vacated by 11.30 pm.
- sadly, due to previous experiences, the hall is not available to be booked for 18th or 21st birthday party celebrations.
Please use the contact form to enquire about a hall hire booking for St John’s Hall.